Stop Letting That Difficult Person Ruin Your Day
Effectively Handle Negative Attitudes And Difficult People For Better Productivity and Less Drama
We all have people who push our buttons. They drain our energy, take us off track, and infect other areas of our life. The key is to find effective ways to work with your boss, colleagues, or family members by building positive, successful relationships.
HAVE YOU EVER...
From bosses to customers, from family members to friends, difficult people create situations and drama in which we become frustrated, powerless, and ill-equipped to find solutions. This negativity costs you and those around you.
Many of us have learned to avoid, rather than deal with the bullies, know-it-alls, and other difficult people in our life because it is easier than confronting the source of the problem. But, overlooking the problem is the worst thing you can do.
You have more control than you might think.
Nothing can change the fact that some people are simply more difficult to deal with. What you can change is your reaction and your tactics. Success depends on being able to recognize and respond appropriately to different behaviours and situations.
This workshop is MORE than just about learning effective communication skills. Learn specific and successful strategies for dealing with iconic difficult people such as the know-it-all's, bullies, avoiders, victimizers, gossiper, and attention seekers. Discover how to effectively respond, cope and manage the impact of their behaviour, so that you can end your frustration, act rather than re-act, and be more successful.
OBJECTIVES: Here’s what you can do to take charge
- Identify and control the impact of difficult people so that you can keep the situation from escalating further
- Differentiate the 4 types of attitudes and understand how they develop in order to keep your cool in a variety of situations
- Recognize 8 iconic types of difficult people from the avoider to the complainer and learn how to handle these unique situations and people by identifying the payoff
- Utilize various verbal and non-verbal communication techniques and situational strategies that you can use to de-escalate and effectively handle upset people
- Know how to act not react in solving situations so that you can approach your work and life with more confidence and enjoyment
- Effectively handle those that push your buttons including the know-it-all, the intimidator and the gossiper and feel less stress and more success in working and interacting with these people
- Know the payoff. Find out why a strategy that works on one difficult person may be devastating when used on another
- Use a 3-step approach to determine what course of action to take based on the S-O-S PrincipleTM and find personal ways to be more positive and optimistic
RESULTS AND REVIEWS
We hear over and over from audience members that this presentation is not like other effective communication sessions. It is common to get testimonies back stating “EVERYONE should take this workshop" or "So much fun. I will not forget the animal strategies".
“Many useful and helpful tips to deal with difficult people.”
“Helped me to see how I need to re-evaluate my response to others.”
– Grand Erie District School Board
“Interactive - highly recommend.”
Beverly's presentations include insights, practical tools and strategies based on her proprietary S-O-S Principle™. This S-O-S Principle™ ensures that the right strategies are considered for your unique Personal Action Plan, so that you can control the reactions to stress, build resiliency against live's challenges and live a healthy and flourishing life.
RESULTS AND REVIEWS
“……We have found Beverly to be exceptional at delivering this workshop...our staff fill out an evaluation at the end of each workshop and these are a few of the things that they have written about Beverly: “Instructor & presentation were excellent” “Beverly is the right person for the job” “Best speaker that I can remember” “Excellent Presentation & Facilitator”. I too have had the opportunity to attend Beverly’s workshop and found her to be a dynamic speaker with a grasp of how to read her audience and adjust her presentation to suit their needs…”
DEBRA | Reena
“…Beverly’s presentation was excellent – the topic was extremely relevant and the presentation was polished and professional. She connected with the audience and based on the very positive feedback from the attendees re this session, motivated them to reevaluate how they currently handle multiple demands in an ever-changing environment and to consider new strategies for managing both their own stress and that of the employees reporting to them. I would certainly consider hiring Beverly again and would not hesitate to recommend her to others…”
TERRY | LexisNexis Canada