Do You Take All Of Your Vacation Days?
Surveys show that almost one quarter of employed Canadians report not taking all of their vacation days even though almost half of us would say that we are vacation deprived.
With the stress associated with the current economy and the impact on the workplace, it is even more important to invest in your health by changing pace and getting away from it all.
More Canadians are saying that it is even more important to get away this year because of the economy than it was last year. In fact three-quarters of Canadians do plan on taking a vacation sometime this year. However, if we do get away we shouldn’t feel guilty nor should we be staying connected to work while we are away. A third of Canadians felt guilty for taking time off and more than one quarter continue to check email while away.
Beverly’s Hot Tips For Promoting Vacation Deprivation Week:
- Plan ahead and don’t wait for the perfect time to take your vacation as the year may pass and the perfect time didn’t arrive. It is a commitment to yourself that shouldn’t be so far down on the priority list that it never arrives
- Vacations don’t have to be expensive and shouldn’t break the bank. Make use of the on-line tools to book attractions, flights and hotels. Use them to track and compare prices. The travel industry is hurting and there are some great deals to be had.
- Make use of longer vacations for re-energizing and rejuvenating, but also look at tacking on extra days to business travel, long weekends and family functions. These extra days can help to change the pace of our busy lifestyles
- Plan the right vacation. If you are looking for relaxation don’t pack your schedule sightseeing. If you are looking for connection time book activities that the whole family will respond well to.
- Finally, don’t let guilt over-ride this me-time. If you do go on vacation, enjoy yourself fully and completely. In this way, when it is time to get back to work you will be refreshed and ready to go.
If you have some strategies to share – comment on this posting!