CREATING PSYCHOLOGICAL HEALTH AND SAFETY IN THE WORKPLACE
TRAINING FOR LEADERS
The National Standard Of Canada For Psychological Health And Safety In The Workplace
Why Is It Important For Your Leaders To Attend?
"Our Creating Psychological Health And Safety In The Workplace training program is focused to help you and your key leaders develop the knowledge and skills needed to respond appropriately to employees showing behaviours that may indicate a psychological health or safety issue."
The three modules work together, to move you and your team forward, as you develop your psychologically healthy workplace.
May 15th 9:00 am
May 29th 9:00 am
June 5th 9:00 am
What Do Others Have To Say About Beverly's Training On Workplace Wellness...
"Liked the ideas that Beverly shared that we could incorporate into our wellness initiatives."
Making Wellness Work Conference Halton
"Learned about new wellness ideas. Liked the variety of programs available."
"Great information that can be used and put into practice. Loved the client examples."
International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans
"Liked the focus on taking your time to understand what is relevant to our employees in our organization."
Creating Psychological Health And Safety In The Workplace Program
In our three module program, you will:
Understand the key drivers of workplace engagement that may be costing your company money
Learn how stress plays a role in undermining your workplace
Know how to build a resilient workplace culture in times of change
Examine strategies that you can implement that positively support a psychologically healthy workplace
Recognize the most common mental health issues, including Depression and Anxiety, and learn how to support those who may be struggling
Distinguish negative attitudes and difficult behaviours that may be contributing to an unhealthy workplace
Here's what you'll get once you sign up for our course...
Module One Building A Resilient Workplace
Successful organizations know that healthy employees are a competitive edge, however, there are systemic and organizational factors that affect the mental health of workers. Company leaders are in a unique position to assist employees in recognizing and dealing with the various causes of stress and symptoms of stress faced in the workplace. Leaders must be supportive of their employees and they must be able to plan and program effectively for their employees mental health.
This module looks at:
- The questions around why wellness, exploring a brief history of wellness from traditional health and safety to employee assistance programs and the challenges of the new workplace in attracting, retaining and engaging employees
- The National Standard of Canada for Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace and how that Standard provides a framework to identify those processes, policies and procedures that have the potential to impact the psychological health and safety of your employees
- Proactively identifying the various causes of stress that are negatively impacting your team
- Recognizing your team's behavioural, physiological and psychological stress symptoms and responses and the impact of ignoring these signs
- Utilizing appropriate support strategies to decrease the negative impact of stress on team performance, based on the S-O-S Principle
Module Two Breaking The Silence
One in five Canadians will experience a mental illness at some point in their lives. That means that every Canadian has a family member, friend or co-worker that will struggle with a mental illness, yet most people are not aware of the signs and ways to offer support. Mental health claims are the fastest growing category of disability costs. Silence about mental illness is costly.
This module looks at:
- Understanding the signs and symptoms of common mental illness including Depression, Bi-polar Disorder, Seasonal Affective Disorder, Panic Disorder and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder so that there is a general recognition of the early warning signs of mental health problems
- Developing support strategies for those experiencing a mental health issue in order to effectively encourage employees to seek appropriate help if needed
- Combat the effects of the stigma associated with having a mental health issue in order to build understanding and acceptance in your workplace, and minimize the negative impact that these issues can have on the individual, their family and their livelihood
Module Three Addressing Attitudes and Behaviours
From customers to co-workers, negative attitudes and difficult people create situations in which we can become upset, frustrated and ill-equipped to find solutions. This negativity costs you and your company.
This module looks at:
- Identifying and controlling the impact of difficult people so that you can keep the situation from escalating further
- Differentiating the different types of attitudes and understand how they develop in order to keep your cool in a variety of situations
- Recognizing eight common types of difficult people from the avoider to the complainer and learn how to handle these difficult situations and people
- Utilizing various verbal and non-verbal communication techniques and situations strategies that you can use to de-escalate and effectively handle upset people
- Knowing how to act, not react in solving situations so that you can approach your workplace with more confidence and enjoyment
- Effectively handle those that push your buttons including the know-it-all, the intimidator, and the gossiper, and feel less stress and more success in working and interacting with these people
Beverly Beuermann-King is a nationally recognized resiliency and wellness strategist and Certified Speaking Professional, who works with organizations who want to control their reactions to stress, build resiliency against life's challenges and live healthy, successful lives. Beverly is the author of several published articles and books, including her latest release: Stress Out! 52 Weeks To Letting More Life In. Beverly's presentations are soundly based in research, while still being practical and enlightening. For more information, visit https://www.worksmartlivesmart.com/about-beverly
Creating Psychological Health And Safety In The Workplace Program will help you and your key leaders to address the challenges unique to your particular organization and tailor programs and policies to build a healthy and safe workplace.
Register Now To Access to These Great Ideas To Build Your Psychologically Healthy Workplace. Book BEFORE Midnight on April 15 To Pay Just $600 + HST per person
And Don't Forget You May Be Eligible For The Canada Ontario Job Grant To Subsidize Your Registration Fees...
Does Your Workplace Wellness Program Measure Up?
Do you have an overall health policy stating your organization's intent to protect and promote the health of all employees?
Do you educate your employees and leaders in healthy workplace principles and methods?
Do your leaders demonstrate through their actions, a commitment to providing a healthy workplace?
Creating Psychological Health And Safety In The Workplace
can help to get you and your team on track!
Register Now So That You And Your Leaders Receive The Training To Strengthen Your Workplace.
Register BEFORE Midnight On April 15th To Pay Just $600 + HST per person