Our Employee Wellness Survey results show that only a third of respondents were evaluating their stress and wellness programs. There are several important reasons why you should evaluate your worksite wellness program though our research shows that many companies are missing this key step.
- To obtain feedback so that you can modify and improve your programming efforts
- To demonstrate the value of your program and to secure continued funding
- To measure changes that are occurring and the efficacy of different interventions
- To establish accountability
- To share best practices and ROI in order to improve the health of all employees and their families
What To Evaluate?
- Participant satisfaction
- Changes in behaviour and health practices
- Biometric measures (blood pressure, body weight, cholesterol)
- Productivity (missed work days, time off task)
- Medical claims
Without proper benchmarking and evaluation we find ourselves susceptible to the ‘flavour-of-the-day”, reinventing the wheel and being axed when times get tough. Let’s move towards a comprehensive wellness program that includes both benchmarking and evaluation. If you have success stories to share, please send them to Beverly so that others can learn from our triumphs.
Does your company evaluate their wellness programs for effectiveness?
Do you share your evaluation information internally and externally?
Leave us your comments!