It is only a couple of weeks away from Christmas. How is your stress level?
“Are you ready for the holidays?” This is the question that you hear daily at the grocery store, the post office and as you meet your colleagues while at work. Some people ask because they want to feel like they aren’t the only ones struggling to get things done before the big day. Others ask, because they are concerned about us, as we may look haggard.
So if you are feeling alone and the holiday stress is getting to you…enjoy this little bit of perspective on Christmas:
Beverly’s Top Tips To Building Resiliency And Having A StressLess Holiday
- Get back to basics and simplify. Are you spending all day cleaning up from the holiday feast – use paper plates.
- Avoid ‘holiday perfectionism’. Thinking, saying, or planning for the best holiday ever can lead to certain disappointment.
- Stop and be in the moment. Have you noticed the wondrous sights, sounds, and smells around you or have you been too caught up in the to-do’s to notice?
- Acknowledge your feelings. Take into account the losses that you have experienced, but remember to keep your perspective and to talk positively to yourself about the past challenges that you have overcome.
- Ask for help. Remember your ultimate goal for the holiday and get support and assistance from those around you.
Christmas is a time for JOY!
Wising you peace, hope and joy throughout the holidays!
If you have some strategies to share – comment on this posting!