National Clean Off Your Desk Day
How we organize yourself can either help or hinder us in the way that we deal with stress. Clean Off Your Desk and you’ll notice the stress relief from being organized and neat.
Purge periodically – it takes time but gives you more space and you may find that it can trigger your creative juices Click to tweet
Clutter can add more chaos. But being too worried that everything is in its place can stop us from being productive and creative as well.
Your personal organization should help you to move forward, give you a sense of control over your space and help to decrease the stress that you feel.
Beverly’s Hot Tip For Building Resiliency and Celebrating National Clean Off Your Desk Day:
- Use baskets to gather project materials together, unread magazines/journals/computer accessories etc
- Colour coded file folders makes for easier identification and location of topics
- Ensure that you have enough desk area to work comfortably
- Don’t touch junk mail more than once – do something with it or throw it in the recycle box
- Purge periodically – it takes time but gives you more space and you may find that it can trigger your creative juices
If you have some strategies to share – comment on this posting!
National Relaxation Day Infographic