Healthy Marriage And Stress
Can you have a healthy marriage and stress still be a part of it? I have been married for 30 years…and yes, to the same person. I love the way that we fit together. We have our own interests and our own, very different careers. We share in the chores and in being the ‘heavy’ with our children. I like hanging out with him. I miss him when he is gone away. He can make me laugh.
A Healthy Marriage Requires More Maintenance Than Your Car! A happy, healthy marriage is created. It doesn’t just happen. Click to tweet
Healthy Marriage and Stress – Is it perfect?
No. We argue, we’re loud, and we go to bed angry…but not very often.
But, I think it is a healthy marriage and I couldn’t imagine him not being a part of my life.
Statistics show that about 90% of adults will get married at least once in their lives but many of them get disappointed because in the end, it is not the stuff that fairy tales are made of. It isn’t all “lovey dovey” or hot and passionate. Marriage and stress are bound together.
Beverly’s Hot Tips For Building Resilience By Having A Happy, Healthy Marriage:
Marriage is more than love and passion. It is commitment, respect, and believing in your future together.
I was doing a web search on marriage and stress…and here are some of my favourites keys to making it more healthy and less stressful:
- Marry someone that you enjoy listening and talking to. It’s a sad that we are often more polite to strangers than we are to the people we love the most. Don’t try to finish their sentences, don’t try to solve their problems, and don’t say, “I told you so!”.
- Compliment more than you criticize.
- Remember that people do fight. It’s how you do it that matters. Do you want to be right or do you want to be married? Try fighting naked and see if that changes things 🙂
- Never air your dirty laundry as a couple in public.
- Marriage is not 50/50, it’s two people giving all of themselves.
- Never pass up an opportunity to say “I love you“.
- Hold hands.
- Love isn’t always a feeling, it’s a decision.
- Be each others’ champion. No matter what, take your husband or wife’s side first!
- Never compare your marriage to others. What you see on the outside is not always what it is on the inside. The grass always seems greener until you get there.
A Happy, Healthy Marriage Is Not A Marriage Without Stress
A happy, healthy marriage is one-part luck and a whole lot of work. Luck that you meet the person that you can make happy and that can make you happy. Work to keep it going. The journey together as a couple will be one of overcoming obstacles and stress. The healthy part is doing it together as a team.
Contact Beverly about hosting a stress management workshop for your teams on how to cope with stress and other stress and mental health training. Discover tips to deal with stress and encourage positive stress management techniques!
If you have some strategies to share – comment on this posting!