We would all love a magic lamp or a fairy godmother to make our dreams come true. But in their absence, it is up to us to make them come true. This requires effort on our part. Not just wishful thinking, but hard work and intention.
So what are YOU going to do TODAY to move closer to making your dreams a reality?
Beverly’s Hot Tips For Celebrating Make Your Dreams Come True Day:
- Create your dream list. Write it down. Put it into pictures. Make a Dream Board. This makes it real and more likely to come true than if your dreams stay locked up inside your head.
- Decide what steps or actions you need to take to make these dreams come true. Break the dream down into small manageable steps. When are you going to act on these? Put a time frame to each step.
- Watch out for negative self-talk, and fears that can sabotage you before you even start. For that matter, share your dreams with supporters and stay far away from the naysayers.
- Get a mentor. Find someone who has achieved something similar to your dream. Learn from them and avoid re-inventing the wheel.
- Inspire loved ones to pursue their own dreams. Being a supporter of others provides you with the energy and enthusiasm to achieve your own dreams.
Dreams Not Regrets
Bronnie Ware is an Australian nurse who spent several years working in palliative care, recording her patient’s epiphanies. She put her observations into a book called The Top Five Regrets of the Dying. Here are the top five regrets of the dying, as witnessed by Ware:
- I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
- I wish I hadn’t worked so hard.
- I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.
- I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
- I wish that I had let myself be happier.
As you contemplate your goals and dreams, imagine yourself looking back over your life. What do you want to be, to avoid, to achieve, to remember? Click to tweet
Dream Big. Work Hard. Make Your Dreams Come True!
May all your dreams come true!
Contact Beverly about hosting a mental health workshop for your teams on how to build resilience. Learn relaxation strategies, and discover coping tips to deal with stress, change and crisis!
If you have some strategies to share – comment on this posting!