Did you know that there is even a ‘magic’ spell for stress relief?
“Magic moon burning bright, Let my will be done tonight, answer now my earnest spell, let things with ____ all be well.”
Not sure about the spell? Not sure you believe in magic? Wishing that your relief from stress was really that easy?
International Magic Week is a week to celebrate the world of magic and the magicians who create it. It ends October 31, the anniversary of Harry Houdini’s death. Their mission is to bring the enjoyment of magic to people of all ages.
When I think of magic, I think of fun. I don’t think about dark and evil spells, but more about the skills of the magicians who make us look on at amazement at the way they can manipulate and deceive us.
Sometimes a little magic is all we need to take our minds off the difficulties that we face.Click to tweet
It can make us lose ourselves in their tricks and spark our imaginations. It can be a time to have fun and let go of the challenges around us.
Beverly’s Hot Tips For Building Resilience And Celebrating International Magic Week:
- Fun is a stress reliever, as is laughing and sharing with others, so go and see a magic show and let the magic take you away
- Learn a magic trick and amaze your co-workers (or your children). Fun things added into your workday can increase productivity and creativity, not to mention team work
- Set up a team challenge to see who can come up with the best magic trick – add this to your Halloween celebrations…you will probably be amazed at who dabbled in magic as they were growing up
- Watch YouTube videos of magicians doing awesome feats of magic…or just fooling the family pet…there are hundreds of these that will make you laugh
- And finally, one of my most loved stress relievers is my Magic Bag – it has nothing to do with magic, other than the way the heat warms me up and relaxes me completely (A magic bag is a microwaveable bean filled bag that is awesome to hug when your body is cold or tense)
“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl
If you have some strategies to share – comment on this posting!
Do you need someone to work with your organization on developing a resilient culture? If so, Beverly Can Provide This Training. Please feel free to call and discuss the details at: 705-786-0437