Incredible Kid Day
I am lucky to not just have one incredible kid, but two! Don’t get me wrong, my kids are incredible, but they aren’t perfect, or the best, and they do drive me crazy, but they are incredible.
Growing up they were talented, young athletes and who continually strived to do better. I admired the way they handled pressure during their competitions, whether it was hockey, soccer, triathalons, karate or archery.
They were and are interesting and very different from each other. One loves fishing – the other hates it. One loved to play using his imagination – the other got bored quickly with those types of toys.
I am lucky, to not just have one incredible kid, but two! They do drive me crazy, but they are incredible. Click to tweet
Bundles Of Joy
I love watching them interact with their friends. I can’t believe how much they have grown and how they have matured into young adults.
These incredible kids bring out the worst and best in me. They challenge me in ways I love and hate. My heart breaks when they are sad and hurt and it puffs up with pride as they work hard to accomplish what they have set their hearts and minds on.
Campfire USA created this celebration day as a day to show kids they are loved and cared for. It is an opportunity to celebrate childhood, to demonstrate our commitment to nurturing our children, and to prepare our children for a healthy, happy, successful future.
Beverly’s Hot Tips for Celebrating Incredible Kid Day:
- Write a letter to your kid today and tell them how much you love them
- Go down Memory Lane – look through old childhood photographs of you growing up and the kids as they’ve grown up. Share your favourite memories and activities
- Make a date with your kids to do something
- Develop a list of things your family hasn’t had time for lately. Together, create a coupon booklet that they can redeem
- Use a heart shaped cookie cutter to make themed foods that will delight your kids. Use the cookie cutter to cut out heart shapes in toast, pancakes and scrambled eggs
- Give your child a hug
My favourite quotes:
- There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One is roots; the other, wings. – Hodding Carter
- You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance. – Franklin P. Jones
- Making the decision to have a child – it’s momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body. – Elizabeth Stone
- Where did we ever get the crazy idea that in order to make children do better, first we have to make them feel worse? Think of the last time you felt humiliated or treated unfairly. Did you feel like cooperating or doing better? – Jane Nelson
- Before you were conceived I wanted you
Or before you were born I loved you
Before you were here an hour I would die for you
This is the miracle of life. – Maureen Hawkins
- The reason grandparents and grandchildren get along so well is that they have a common enemy. – Sam Levenson
If you have some strategies to share – comment on this posting!