Same to you bud!?#
Have A Bad Day is not a feel good sort of day. At least that was the original idea behind it. Have you ever had someone wish you a good day and you know that they are just saying it as a conversation ender, but they don’t really care or mean it? As they are walking away, you can test their listening abilities by wishing them a Bad Day.
I don’t really like this sort of meaning, so in my prerogative sort of way, I am changing my interpretation of the day.
Have A Bad Day is permission to actually have a bad day or to take a mental health day.
Social media has been both a blessing and a curse. For some people, they tout only those things that are going well and life seems perfect in their world. This puts a lot of pressure on those of us that do have an off day or are facing challenges. However, I really like social media for the support that can be given by friends all around the world when someone is brave enough to say that their world is not perfect, they are frustrated, or that they are just having a bad day.
Beverly’s Hot Tips Building Resiliency By Celebrating Have A Bad Day:
- Whether you are having a bad day on this particular celebration or anytime throughout the year know that there are friends out there to support you through it. Let them know that you could use a pick-me-up as they are there to support you.
- If you are having a bad day, don’t try to suppress those negative emotions. Recognize them for what they are. Feel them and then try problem solving on how you can move yourself through the situation.
- Know that tomorrow will be different. It may not be better. It may be worse. But it will be different. Just because today was horrible, doesn’t mean tomorrow will be.
- Learn to use your stress management tools to deal with whatever is thrown your way. Try something relaxing. Take in some pampering like a massage. The burst of endorphins may be what the doctor ordered.
- Your goal on these day is just to survive the day and minimize the long-term damage. Don’t make any major decisions on one of these days as you will mostly likely regret it later on.
- Remember those times that were good so that you don’t get so tainted by the bad day that you stop seeing the good days that are available to you in the future. Negativity is highly contagious and it is hard to have a good day when you are giving yourself an abundance of negative self-talk.
- Try a do-over. Sometimes going back to bed and starting the day over can be just the cure that you need!
If you have some strategies to share – comment on this posting!