The Canadian government along with your province, has created a job grant program which will pay two-thirds of a worker’s eligible training costs, to a maximum of $10,000 per employee per year! This is direct financial support for employers to purchase training for their workforce.
Sound too good to be true?
Get A Grant To Train Your Workers
Yes, there are a few catches:
- Only individual businesses and business organizations can apply. This is a great opportunity for smaller businesses and not-for-profits which previously may not have been able to afford to bring training to their teams.
- There is an application to fill out, but your local providers are very eager to help you with this and are dedicated to approving these applications quickly. See the links below.
- The Employer pays at least 1/3rd of direct training costs. Small employers (50 or fewer employees) have the option to contribute up to 50% of their required contribution in wages paid to training participants. The Government covers up to 2/3rds of direct training costs, up to a maximum of $10,000 per participant. Multiple modules are allowable within a year.
- You can select ANY appropriate training offered by eligible third-party trainers.
This Grant Can Include Beverly and Work Smart Live Smart!
If you are interested in having me come to your workplace to deliver training, and want the government to cover two-thirds (or more of the cost), then send me an email and we can discuss the details!
Some of you may not be eligible to apply for these grants, but you work with companies or know of companies in your community who may be able to take advantage of this, who otherwise wouldn’t be able to afford to train their employees. So, please pass this email along.
Some examples of training/modules that we could bring to your employees:
- Handling Negative Attitudes and Difficult People
- Dealing with Workplace Conflict
- Understanding Depression and Anxiety – Mental Health In The Workplace
- Dealing With Workplace Stress
- Shift-Worker Stress
Training can improve business performance, profit and staff morale. Look at the links below for more information about the specific program in your province. Call me and let’s see how we can bring this advantage to your employees and your company. 705-786-0437
British Columbia – Employer Training Grant (ETG)
Do you need someone to work with your leaders on developing a supportive, resilient culture? If so, Beverly Can Provide This Training. Please feel free to call and discuss the details at: 705-786-0437
If you have some strategies to share – comment on this posting!