As parents we worry about assisting our children to become competent, capable and healthy adults. We are concerned about their self-esteem and their overall emotional health. We wish we had more time to spend with them. Today is Family Day. It’s a day to sit down, talk, eat dinner and connect with your kids.
Beverly’s Hot Tips For Building Resiliency and Celebrating Family Day:
1. Constructively express both negative and positive feelings and thoughts – children learn how to cope and express themselves through us
2. Help your child to put a name to their feelings. Assist them to expand their vocabulary beyond using ‘happy’, ‘sad’ and ‘mad’. Help children to find positive ways of expressing difficult emotions
3. Challenge unrealistic expectations when they become further interpreted as a self-failure or become expressed as frustration
4. Remind the child of the number of different people that they can go to in difficult situations
5. Teach children the importance of developing friendships and what it means to be a ‘good’ friend to someone else
If you have some strategies to share – comment on this posting!
Potty Training Awareness Month
Stay At Home With Your Kid Day
Leave a Reply