Without taking the time to evaluate how things are, it is nearly impossible to make the changes you need to make in order to create the life you wish to lead.
Evaluate Your Life Day is an opportunity to sit down and review. It is a time to pause and reflect. What are you not happy with? What would you like to change? What are you proud of? What is going well?
In my workshops, I help people look at what they are spending their time and energy on and then we discuss how would they like their life to be and how are they going to move or can move in that direction.
It is not easy and it is messy.
Beverly’s Hot Tips For Celebrating Evaluate Your Life Day:
- It is easy to wish that things were different. But to be different, we must evaluate first. This takes effort. So sit down and make notes.
- We need to understand our priorities. What do we want?
- We need to make active decisions to make these things a priority. This isn’t about wishing – it is about doing.
- When we make active decisions based on our priorities, guilt has no opportunity to grow.
- We need to know that we are not superhuman. There are only 24 hours in a day. Be realistic about what you can and can’t do and the time it takes to make these changes.
- Be thankful. Not everything needs to be changed in your life. Remind yourself frequently about what is right in your life.
If you have some strategies to share – comment on this posting!
National Relaxation Day Infographic
Relaxation Day Article