It is something that we all know that we should do. But often it is not until something goes wrong or we’ve had a close call that we actually do do it.
What is it?
Backing up our computer files and taking care of our computer.
Beverly’s Hot Tips For Building Resilience and Celebrating Computer Security Day:
- Change your passwords.
- Update your anti-virus program.
- Check for computer viruses.
- Back-up your data. (after being certain that it is virus-free.)
- Store back-up data off site.
- Delete unneeded files.
- Install and inspect power surge protection as appropriate.
- Install fire/smoke detection equipment in computer areas.
- Don’t drink in your computer area.
Computers Are Important
Our computers have become one of our most valuable possessions. Not because of their purchase price, but because of all the important and often critical data that they contain. Mark off dates on your calendar to remind you to do the most important security work that you can do. Protect your computer.
If you have some strategies to share – comment on this posting!