Companies That Care
Our workplaces can encourage us, push us to grow, and allow us to succeed. They can be a source of positive energy and support.
Companies That Care Day is an annual event that encourages employers to highlight and expand their employee and community initiatives, and recognize the people who make their companies successful. Companies that care value employees and are committed to community service.
Our workplaces can encourage us, push us to grow, and allow us to succeed. They can be a source of positive energy and support. Click to tweet
Caring companies believe that their employees and the community are important to their success. They are committed to providing a workplace in which employees can thrive and working to sustain and strengthen their community.
These 10 Characteristics define caring and responsible organizations (from the Companies That Care website):
- Sustain a work environment founded on dignity and respect for all employees
- Make employees feel their jobs are important
- Cultivate the full potential of all employees
- Encourage individual pursuit of work/life balance
- Enable the well-being of individuals and their families through compensation, benefits, policies and practices
- Develop great leaders, at all levels, who excel at managing people as well as results
- Appreciate and recognize the contributions of people who work there
- Establish and communicate standards for ethical behavior and integrity
- Get involved in community endeavors and/or public policy
- Consider the human toll when making business decisions
Beverly’s Hot Tips For Celebrating Companies That Care Day:
- Send notes from senior management to employees expressing appreciation for their efforts
- Provide employees an opportunity to recognize each other by sending “caregrams”
- Publicize your organization’s commitment to employees and the community via banners and posters
- Provide an appreciation lunch for all employees
- Make a donation to groups that your employees support or volunteer for
- Hold a volunteer fair to highlight all the volunteer opportunities within the community
If you have some strategies to share – comment on this posting!